|Compiler positions available for week ending February 19 firstname.lastname@example.org (comp.compilers) (2006-02-19)|
|announcing flex 2.5.33 email@example.com (John Millaway) (2006-02-24)|
|From:||John Millaway <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||24 Feb 2006 13:18:06 -0500|
Announcing flex version 2.5.33! This release represents significant
changes from flex 2.5.4a, including the following feature bloatastic
* reentrant, thread-safe scanner to save you from race conditions.
* user-defined memory management to save you from leaks.
* bison integration to save you from headaches.
* automatic yylineno to save you the trouble.
* load/unload dfa tables at runtime to save you some memory.
* a regression test suite to keep us honest.
* C99 compliance... eh, more or less.
* and a texinfo manual so someone, someday will know what flex is SUPPOSED to
If you're running flex 2.5.31, and you mind buffer overflows, we
advise you to upgrade. If you're running flex 2.5.4a and are in true
love with your C++ scanner, we advise you not to!
Finally, flex has secured new, low-incoming housing at
Grab the source ball of tar from
Please direct bugs and tirades to the SourceForge bug tracker, or to the flex
mailing list, where, I assure you, we will scan them in one pass, never
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.