Compiler positions available for week ending January 29

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
30 Jan 2006 02:00:17 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2006-01-30)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2012-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2017-01-29)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 29 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1995-01-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 30 Jan 2006 02:00:17 -0500
Posted-Date: 30 Jan 2006 02:00:17 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: Sr. Compiler Engineer - Encirq, Inc. - Burlingame, CA
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:07:04 -0800
From: "Jay Dack" <jay.dack@encirq.com>

Encirq, Inc. is an exciting early-stage venture with headquarters in
Burlingame, CA. We are delivering "High Performance Data Management
Solutions Optimized for Embedded Systems" to Global Fortune 500
Clients. We are well funded with backing from premiere Venture
Capitalists, we have strong customer traction and we are well
positioned for the future to continue to deliver our disruptive
technologies into the embedded systems arena.

We are seeking a Senior Compiler Engineer for our Core Engineering
Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong general background in
programming language design and implementation, with particular
emphasis on database languages like PL/SQL. A strong preference will
be given to individuals with experience in database engine design and
embedded systems software development. Previous experience with LISP,
C and PL/SQL would be ideal

Responsibilities will include working with founding members of our
Core Engineering Team to enhance our existing engine towards our next
generation compiler.

Only Encirq's Data Foundation Framework provides:

* The industry's smallest run-time footprint (24KB)

* Fastest transaction times regardless of data size

* As much as 60% reduction in system resource consumption

* An advanced, streams-oriented architecture for the ultimate in
implementation flexibility

* Integrated support for multiple, concurrent storage mediums
(in-memory, disk, flash, network connections, I/O streams)

* Data-centric application framework proven to reduce development time
and effort by up to 80%

Encirq is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers exceptional
employee compensation and benefits including private equity in the
company.

To learn more about this world class career opportunity, please
forward a confidential resume to jobs@encirq.com

Thank you for your consideration.

Jay Dack
Recruiter
Encirq, Inc.
650-242-4844

-------------------------------

From: "Jon LoCurto" <jlocurto@google.com>
Subject: Job posting from Google
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:17:33 -0800

Software Engineer, Compilers - Mountain View

Department Overview: The Platforms Team builds Google's computing
platform: the datacenters, networking and system software, and servers
that power all of Google's services. We are looking for smart,
high-energy, motivated individuals.

Job Description: This position is available in Mountain View, CA

Google is looking for experienced compiler engineers to join several
of our efforts towards building the world's most effective computing
platform. We are particularly interested in individuals who excel at
compiler design and implementation. The ideal candidates will be able
to help us improve the Gnu toolchain (gcc/glibc/binutils) in one or
both of two ways:

*Improve overall performance of our code base by analyzing performance
bottlenecks, then designing and implementing changes to the toolchain
that would relieve those bottlenecks. Possible projects include
improving interprocedural, inlining, profile-driven, postlink, or
whole-program optimization

*Improve overall productivity of our programmers by identifying
programming errors that could have been detected by static analysis,
then designing and implementing changes to the toolchain that would
catch those errors as early as possible

Demonstrable experience in at least one of the following:
  *Compiler design and code optimization.
  *Performance debugging and optimization of large C++ applications
  *Static code analysis

Desired skills:
  *Knowledge of Gnu C/C++ internals and standard library implementations.
  *Deep understanding of computer architecture.
  *Familiarity with x86 and x86_64 assembly and Linux internals
  *Design of performance tools

Responsibilities:
1. Requirements: B.S./M.S. Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
PhD is welcome.
2. Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience

Company Overview: Google's innovative search technologies connect
millions of people around the world with information every
day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey
Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global
markets. Google's targeted advertising program, which is the largest
and fastest growing in the industry, provides businesses of all sizes
with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience
for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices
throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information,
visit www.google.com/jobs.

Jon J. LoCurto
Engineering Recruiter
Google, Inc.