|ANN: paxScript.NET, v2.0 email@example.com (Alexander Baranovsky) (2005-11-15)|
|From:||"Alexander Baranovsky" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||15 Nov 2005 23:29:30 -0500|
The Microsoft NET version of paxScript scripting engine includes interpreters
of C# and VB.NET languages:
The key features of paxScript.NET are:
- paxScript.NET is written in C#. Source code of paxScript.NET is CLS
- Support of Microsoft .NET Compact Framework. You can integrate paxScript.NET
with your smart device projects.
- paxScript.NET compiles programs into byte-code. It does not use CodeDOM and
it does not generate a dynamic assembly. (paxScript.NET will generate MSIL and
executable files as an option in the future releases).
- Separate compilation of modules is allowed. You can combine source code
modules and compiled (binary) modules in your paxScript.NET script projects.
- Cross-language scripting is allowed. You can combine modules written in C#
and VB.NET in your paxScript.NET script projects.
- C# interpreter (paxCSharp) is based on the ECMA-334 standard. It supports
all C# language features with exception for the unsafe code and attributes.
(It will support full C# 2.0 standard in the future releases).
- paxCSharp extends standard of C# language with extra features which simplify
the use of C# for scripting needs.
- paxScript.NET is implemented as a .NET component ( paxscript-net.dll) which
can be used with Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Delphi 8, Delphi 2005 and C#
Builder. The component allows you tembed paxScript.NET interpreter into your
WinForms or ASP.NET application so you can customize and extend the
application without having to recompile it.
- Any classes, structures, enumerations, arrays, delegates, events and
interfaces of host application can be used in a script.
- You can call script-defined methods from host application.
- Debug capabilities: breakpoints, call stack, watch/evaluate, trace into,
step over etc.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.