Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use"

"mefrill" <mefrill@yandex.ru>
28 May 2005 13:59:31 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" devriese@cs.tcd.ie (Edsko de Vries) (2005-05-26)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" wyrmwif@tsoft.org (SM Ryan) (2005-05-28)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" mefrill@yandex.ru (mefrill) (2005-05-28)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" torbenm@diku.dk (2005-05-28)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-05-28)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" torbenm@diku.dk (2005-05-31)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2005-05-31)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" devriese@cs.tcd.ie (Edsko de Vries) (2005-06-02)
Re: CFGs vs. "declare variable before use" cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-06-02)

From: "mefrill" <mefrill@yandex.ru>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 May 2005 13:59:31 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 May 2005 13:59:31 EDT

Hi,

It is not too hard. Just use pumping lemma for KF-languages.

Pumping Lemma for KF-language:
Let L - KF-language. Then, there is such constant n, that if z - string
belongs L with |z| <= n, then z can be written in z = uvwxy and:
1. |vwx| <= n.
2. vx != epsilon (empty string).
3. uv^iwx^iy belongs L, if i >= 0.

So, we pump v and x.

Lets look in simplest language with "declare before use": L={ww: w
belongs to {0,1}*}. L consists of two same 0,1 simbols sequenses. For
example, 0101 (w=01) or 10111011 (w=1011). It is clear the language is
the simplest model of our problem. And let z=0^n1^n0^n1^n. So, z's
example is 0101, 00110011 and etc. It is not hard prove z cannot belong
to L. To do this, look on vwx string from pumping lemma and try to
understand where in z=0^n1^n0^n1^n it may be. There are 5 cases and no
one from them is true. For example, let vwx is in first zeros, so that
vwx belongs to first 0^n. Then vw=0^k, where k>0. What is uwy? uwy
begins with 0^(n-k)1^n. As |uwy|=4n-k and uvy=tt, then |t|=2n-k/2. So,
t is not in first block of ones and is completed by 0. But, last simbol
of uwy is 1, so uwy cannot be tt.

Edsko de Vries,