A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from natural language to C++)

"DeltaOne" <shakti.misra@wipro.com>
16 May 2005 11:24:19 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from natura shakti.misra@wipro.com (DeltaOne) (2005-05-16)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2005-05-16)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na cfc@shell01.TheWorld.com (Chris F Clark) (2005-05-16)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na joe@burgershack.com (Randy) (2005-05-16)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na kleinecke@astound.net (2005-05-18)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na DrDiettrich@compuserve.de (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2005-05-18)
Re: A Compiler for Natural Language (transator that translates from na daffra.claudio@gmail.com (claudio daffa) (2013-11-07)

From: "DeltaOne" <shakti.misra@wipro.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 16 May 2005 11:24:19 -0400
Posted-Date: 16 May 2005 11:24:19 EDT

Hi,

I got very good response for the C++ intermediate representation. And
thanks to all the experts. Now i need some help for one project I am
doing as a part of my study. Well it may sound a bit off track but the
idea is to desing a compiler that learns language like human learn. I
am explaining my idea little bit. This compiler is a natural language
system That is near to an expert system. The aim of the system is to
convert natural language statements into C++ (or any other
language,but we need to feed that language structure into this
application). We train the compiler to the destination language to
which it should compile. The input natural language will be a
restricted NL. It will be a algorithmic language. Well its not
possible to give the full design here. But the main aim of the
language is to get a uniform interface for all kind of languages. The
compiler learns the language to which it should translate and does the
job. I am as of now planning to create and design a system that
translates natural language to C++ form.

Any help on this topic and ideas form all of the experts out there
will be of great help for me. My first priority is to tranlate NL to
C++ and I dont want any optimisation now.

If any one wants more of information of the design also i will provide.

~Thanks and Regards
Pappun (monstersinc@rediffmail.com)
[This strikes me as one of those initially appealing bad ideas that's
failed many times before, so I would start by looking at previous
efforts. If you restrict your natural language to something simple
enough to be translated mechanically into computer code, that's COBOL,
which isn't as awful as the academic comp sci folklore would have it,
but still isn't a direction that anyone is going now. Beyond that I'd
think that you'd run straight into the tarpit of trying to parse
natural language syntax which has lingered just beyond the state of
the art for the past fifty years. -John]