Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)?

Matt <matt@mengland.net>
14 May 2005 12:21:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? matt@mengland.net (Matt) (2005-05-14)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? raps72583m@spambob.com (Rapscallion) (2005-05-14)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? ivr@grad.com (Ioannis Vranos) (2005-05-14)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? tmk@netvision.net.il (Michael Tiomkin) (2005-05-14)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2005-05-15)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? walter@digitalmars.com (Walter) (2005-05-15)
Re: Howto obfuscate OBJECT code (and not source code)? jkherciueh@gmx.net (Kai-Uwe Bux) (2005-05-15)

From: Matt <matt@mengland.net>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c++,comp.compilers
Date: 14 May 2005 12:21:52 -0400
Posted-Date: 14 May 2005 12:21:51 EDT

I have object/machine code in static library (written and compiled
using C++) that I wish to make difficult to reverse-engineer. I am
told by others that some could reverse-engineer this object/machine
code to generate some or all of the source, and while it may not be a
trivial task, it would not be impossible.

Do tools, processes, or other means exist by which I could do this?

I'm looking for something analogous to code obfuscation (sp?) on the
source-code side, but applied to the object code.

I am told that there may be mechanisms to do this for Java bytecode
objects to make them difficult to reverse engineer. Might there be
something similar for general object code (at least for C++
compilers/linkers)?

Thanks in advance,
-Matt
--
[Decompiling any but the smallest machine code libraries, particularly
in the absence of debugging symbols, is a great deal of work. You can