Re: help_needed in bison/yacc

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca>
6 May 2005 23:04:33 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
help_needed in bison/yacc vikas.talwar@gmail.com (vicky) (2005-05-02)
Re: help_needed in bison/yacc Meyer-Eltz@t-online.de (Detlef Meyer-Eltz) (2005-05-02)
Re: help_needed in bison/yacc Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca (Brian Inglis) (2005-05-06)
Re: help_needed in bison/yacc clint@0lsen.net (Clint Olsen) (2005-06-10)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSW.ab.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 May 2005 23:04:33 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 May 2005 23:04:33 EDT

On 2 May 2005 14:28:24 -0400 in comp.compilers, "vicky"
<vikas.talwar@gmail.com> wrote:

>hi ever1,
>
>my input is verilog code, and i need to convert turnary expressions
>into if-else statements.
>
>please tell me if it is possible using Flex/Bison (i.e. pls tell me
>how to create interperter using flex/bison).
>
>All i wanted to say is, i don't want to take pain for writing grammer
>for whole verilog code. i just want to make changes in turnary
>expression. i.e. want a small script to change turnary expression into
>if-else statement. pls help.

A verilog lexer or a simple lexer to recognize comments, strings,
statement delimiters, and expressions should allow you to recognize
statements containing ternary expressions. Have you thought about how
you'll handle nested or multiple ternary expressions within larger
experssions in a single statement?