re: Earley parser

scavadini@ucse.edu.ar
4 May 2005 12:37:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Earley parser aamshukov@cogeco.ca (arthur) (2005-05-01)
Re: Earley parser schmitz@i3s.unice.fr (Sylvain Schmitz) (2005-05-02)
re: Earley parser scavadini@ucse.edu.ar (2005-05-04)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: scavadini@ucse.edu.ar
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 4 May 2005 12:37:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 04 May 2005 12:37:24 EDT

Arthur wrote:

>I have implemented a Earley's recognizer, now I am looking for any
>references to build a parse tree from it. I looked at the Aho/Ulman
>algorithm and the Grune/Jacob description. Does anybody have any
>others algorithms or references?

We are working on a tool, named Kakuy!, that animates Earley’s
algorithm. Kakuy! also builds the parse trees for the input
string. To do this we coded the Grune/Jacob description but after some
tests we found some problems with cycles and erasing rules. So we make
some changes and addings that look very similar to thouse squetched in
a previous post by Vladimir (mefrill@yandex.ru). You can freely
download a full functional copy of Kakuy! from

http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/sepa/kakuy_download.php

You also can view some parse trees/dags at

http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/sepa/screenshots.htm

Best regards

Salvador Valerio Cavadini
Facultad de Matemática Aplicada
Universidad Católica de Santiago del Estero (Argentina)
web: http://www.ucse.edu.ar/fma/staff/svcavadini