Symbol Table, global, local, dynamic allocation, code generation

"Mitch Mooney" <mr.mhmooney@verizon.net>
28 Apr 2005 14:55:25 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Symbol Table, global, local, dynamic allocation, code generation mr.mhmooney@verizon.net (Mitch Mooney) (2005-04-28)
Re: Symbol Table, global, local, dynamic allocation, code generation rahulkharche@gmail.com (phoenix) (2005-04-30)
Re: Symbol Table, global, local, dynamic allocation, code generation hannah@schlund.de (2005-04-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Mitch Mooney" <mr.mhmooney@verizon.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Apr 2005 14:55:25 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Apr 2005 14:55:25 EDT

Greetings All,

I'm researching how to handle variables, global, local, and dynamic.

With Global variables I figure I can load the symbol table with scope,
name, value and generate x86 asm code in the .data segment. Is this
the basic setup?

With Local variables I figure I can load the symbol table with scope,
name, value and OFFSET to generate x86 asm code on the stack, using
the offset in the symbol table to allow me to access the position in
the stack. Is this a proper way to do this or just a hack?

With Dynamic variables I assume its handled like a local
variables. Anyone with some insight?

I'm waiting on some books, till they arrive I'm relying on information that
can be found on the net and newsgroups. Any links, or books that can be
recommended?

-Mitch