Compiler positions available for week ending March 13

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
15 Mar 2005 01:47:24 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 13 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-03-15)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 13 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-03-13)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Mar 2005 01:47:24 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Mar 2005 01:47:24 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: New posting -senior compiler engineer at Philips (Netherlands)
From: marika.arvelid@philips.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:04:57 +0100

Title: Senior Compiler Engineer
Job ID: 19663
City, Country: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Experience Required: 5-10 years
Vacancy Type: Full-Time Regular
Work permit: Required

Job Description

PD/NO Description:
Philips Research is part of Philips Electronics N.V. Besides the main
laboratory in Eindhoven, The Netherlands, there are also laboratories of
Philips Research in Germany, France, England, Belgium, China, India and
the United States (collectively some 2100 people). Our scientists work in
a wide range of disciplines, from information technology, software,
multimedia and digital signal processing to physics and chemistry; from
mathematics to mechanics. We provide a challenging and stimulating
environment, where our scientists generate options for new and improved
products and processes by realizing concepts or making prototypes, in
close cooperation with the Philips Product Divisions. About 1% of Philips'
sales is spent on these corporate research activities. Our activities have
led to the milestone of 100,000 patents, and the publishing of many
thousands of technical and scientific papers.

Department Description:
Philips Electronic Design & Tools (ED&T) is a customer driven business
unit that supplies innovative tools for Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
and services for Design and Test to Philips Electronic designers. ED&T is
part of the Philips Research organisation in Eindhoven.

Site Description:
High Tech Campus
Essential/Key Areas of Responsibility:
The ED&T/Synthesis group mainly works on CAD for heterogynous systems
containing embedded processors and special acceleration units. As a part
of that activity we develop and maintain the compiler tool chain for the
Philips VLIW TriMedia embedded processor. This tool chain consists out of
an optimising compiler, a debugger and a simulator.
The main tasks of this team are:
* Support the current tool chain, by solving problem reports and adapt the
toolset to changes in the target processor
* Innovate and extend the current tool chain by implementing new
algorithms and tools

Essential/Job Requirements:
Education: Phd M.Sc in information technology. Knowledge of electronics
engineering is positive.

At least 5 years (10 years in case of M.Sc.) relevant experience focussing
on

* instruction level parallelism
* alias analysis
* SSA and relevant optimizations
* loop transformation techniques
* loop optimization techniques
* code optimization techniques
* instruction scheduling
* C/C++ language definition
* Having worked with large code bases and delivering industry quality code
to a large user base is a pre.

* Next to these skills excellent communication skills, fluency in English,
accuracy, flexibility and customer friendliness are required.

Contact Information: Marika Arvelid +31 (0)40 27 46584

Useful Links: www.research.philips.com

To apply please go to:
http://www.careers.philips.com/JobPosts/Client40=5FPhilips/BU1/External/PCK1-59857.htm