JOVIAL flex/bison files?

"Kelly Hornsby" <klh1964@sdc.cox.net>
15 Mar 2005 01:45:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
JOVIAL flex/bison files? klh1964@sdc.cox.net (Kelly Hornsby) (2005-03-15)
Re: JOVIAL flex/bison files? idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira Baxter) (2005-03-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Kelly Hornsby" <klh1964@sdc.cox.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Mar 2005 01:45:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Mar 2005 01:45:06 EST

Hello All

I'm looking for a grammar and language definition for the JOVIAL
language. I found the start of one from a fellow a Hughes several
years ago, but it's very incomplete. I have the language
specification (J73) but it's poorly laid out with respect to setting
up for what I know to be a left recursive language. I tried finding
an Algol 58 compiler definition too, but I came up empty there too.
There's several interpreters, but no yacc/lex files there at all.

Question: If you have a language and grammar for JOVIAL, will you
share it with me? I want to make a tool that converts from JOVIAL to
C/C++ or to ADA. I don't care if it's exactly 1 to 1, because the
entire output will need to be examined anyway for verification. All I
want to do is the gross conversion right now.

Any info, please send to flingylingy@yahoo.com

Thanks