TinC (Tiny, in C) source released

"Pete Gray" <petegray@ieee.org>
24 Jan 2005 10:59:19 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
TinC (Tiny, in C) source released petegray@ieee.org (Pete Gray) (2005-01-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Pete Gray" <petegray@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jan 2005 10:59:19 -0500
Posted-Date: 24 Jan 2005 10:59:19 EST

Based on the tutorial "Let's Build a Compiler", by Jack W. Crenshaw,
I've ported the original Tiny cross-compiler from Pascal to C, and
added some new features. In the spirit of the original work, and with
Jack's blessing, I'm releasing this as "open source". The initial
release can be downloaded from here -
http://home.comcast.net/~pete.gray/TinC.htm

New features for this release include a 'smart' compiler trace, simple
staging buffer, target-neutral pcode generation, non-interactive code
processing (input and output), data types char and int, and simple
arrays.

Feedback and suggestions (via email - petegray@ieee.org) welcome. Work
on the next release is in progress. DJGPP (WXP) and GCC (Linux - Red
Hat 9) are being used for development.

-Pete.