C/C++ obfuscator

"Abbas" <quicon93@yahoo.ca>
22 Jan 2005 18:29:26 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C/C++ obfuscator quicon93@yahoo.ca (Abbas) (2005-01-22)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator lkrupp@pssw.NOSPAM.com.INVALID (Louis Krupp) (2005-01-24)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator walter@bytecraft.com (Walter Banks) (2005-01-24)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator ppluzhnikov@charter.net (Paul Pluzhnikov) (2005-01-25)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator gneuner2@comcast.net (George Neuner) (2005-01-25)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator lkrupp@pssw.NOSPAM.com.INVALID (Louis Krupp) (2005-01-30)
Re: C/C++ obfuscator idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira Baxter) (2005-01-30)

From: "Abbas" <quicon93@yahoo.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jan 2005 18:29:26 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Jan 2005 18:29:26 EST

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone know about a commercial C/C++
obfuscator. I know there are some out there but these are mostly
syntax and lexical transformation where just changing the name of
variables and functions name and replace them with names without
semantic value, but these obfuscator do nothing about the code while
executing in memory and vulnerable to debugger and decompiler. They
can be easily reversed engineered using tools such as soft ICE.. What
I am looking for is more control flow obfuscator and data flow
obfuscator, these obfuscator make the flow of the program more
complex, while obtaining its original functionality. The dynamic
analysis of the program execution becomes much more difficult by
multiple nesting of placebo code and the insertion of placebo code.
Does any one have any idea of the commercial available tools.

Thanks
[About 10 years ago there was a nice obfuscator called C-shroud from
Gimpel Software, but it seems to have disappeared without a trace.
-John]