Non-Tool based books. (Question)

"Josh Madarasz" <JMadSoftware@earthlink.net>
9 Jan 2005 20:54:35 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Non-Tool based books. (Question) JMadSoftware@earthlink.net (Josh Madarasz) (2005-01-09)
Re: Non-Tool based books. (Question) Juergen.Kahrs@vr-web.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=) (2005-01-12)
Re: Non-Tool based books. (Question) news8573@paulcager.com (Paul Cager) (2005-01-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Josh Madarasz" <JMadSoftware@earthlink.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Jan 2005 20:54:35 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Jan 2005 20:54:35 EST

Hey all,
                      I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on
books on compiler design that don't deal as heavily with tool use.
i.e. something geared more towards the hobbyist who wants to learn to
write the entire thing without useing for example Lex and Yacc or
similiar tools. I have Aho Sethi and Ullmans Compilers Principles,
Techniques and Tools. And Ronald Maks "Writing Compilers &
Interpreters, an Applied Aproach" Which I am thoroughly enjoying,
though it is rather old but would like advice on books dealing
specifically with writing the compilers and not relying on any tools
other than the compiler you choose to build it with to begin with.
Thank you in advance for any responce.

Josh Madarasz
[No tools? I don't think people have toggled in compilers as machine
code since the 1950s. -John]