Re: Research in Recursive-to-Non-Recursive Functions

stefaan.himpe@gmail.com (stefaan)
1 Dec 2004 23:04:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Research in Recursive-to-Non-Recursive Functions kaustubh.gandhi@gmail.com (2004-11-28)
Re: Research in Recursive-to-Non-Recursive Functions Martin.Ward@durham.ac.uk (Martin Ward) (2004-12-01)
Re: Research in Recursive-to-Non-Recursive Functions stefaan.himpe@gmail.com (2004-12-01)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: stefaan.himpe@gmail.com (stefaan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 1 Dec 2004 23:04:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 01 Dec 2004 23:04:42 EST

kaustubh.gandhi@gmail.com (Kaustubh) wrote
> Can someone please point me to the state-of-the-art research
> activities for "Automatic Conversion from Recursive to Non Recursive
> Functions" and such C-to-C Transformations. I have been working for
> some time on this in the context of C-to-VHDL Conversion.

Hello,

In the context of my PhD research I have developed a method for
systematically transforming recursion into iteration from imperative
programs (including C). The method works for non-linear non-mutual
recursion in the presence of side-effects. It allows systematic
trade-offs between space complexity, time complexity and available
parallelism.

Feel free to mail me privately for more detailed discussion.

Best Regards,
Stefaan Himpe.