New version of JACCIE (Java-based Compiler Compiler)

scott@scottlangley.com (Scott Langley)
3 Sep 2004 12:41:07 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New version of JACCIE (Java-based Compiler Compiler) scott@scottlangley.com (2004-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: scott@scottlangley.com (Scott Langley)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Sep 2004 12:41:07 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2004 12:41:07 EDT

While my interest in the topic has waned, I thought I would pass along
this note from that a new version of JACCIE (Java-based Compiler
Compiler) is available from this page:

    http://www2-data.informatik.unibw-muenchen.de/Research/Tools/JACCIE/

The author, Lothar Schmitz, uses it in his classes to teach students
about compilers. This new version has much better English
documenation in the "Handbook" PDF file you can download.

It is written in Java and has a nice GUI interface - which goes a long
way toward making it a "useful learning tool".

Any feedback should go to the author and not myself.

Regards,

Scott Langley