Solaris/g++ linking problems

Slattery_T@bls.gov (Tim Slattery)
3 Sep 2004 12:39:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Solaris/g++ linking problems Slattery_T@bls.gov (2004-09-03)
Re: Solaris/g++ linking problems ppluzhnikov@charter.net (Paul Pluzhnikov) (2004-09-07)
Re: Solaris/g++ linking problems josejuanmr@lycos.es (Jose Juan Mendoza Rodriguez) (2004-09-07)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Slattery_T@bls.gov (Tim Slattery)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Sep 2004 12:39:51 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2004 12:39:51 EDT

I am trying to write a C++ program that uses Entrust encryption.
Entrust supplies header files and *.so files that (apparently) are
created using Sun's C++ compiler. My office doesn't want to spend any
money on this, so I'm using g++.

The compile phase goes fine, but I wind up with "undefined symbol"
entries in the link step. Running the nm utility to see what the
symbols in the object module and the *.so files are, I come up with
things like this:

_Z14EntLogToStrings in the object and __1cOEntLogToString6Fh_pkc_ in
the *.so
_ZN7EntFile19GetConstructorErrorEv (object)
__1cHEntFileTGetConstructorError6M_h_ (*.so)

I suspect that g++ uses a different name mangling convention than the
Sun compiler that created the *.so files. Is this a reasonable
diagnosis? Is there anything that can convert the *.so files into
something that I can use?

--
Tim Slattery
slattery_t@bls.gov