Re: Linking with different compilers

Unknown <tee.teoh@sympatico.ca>
25 Aug 2004 14:54:15 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Linking with different compilers bill.volz@chevrontexaco.com (2004-08-23)
Re: Linking with different compilers ppluzhnikov@charter.net (Paul Pluzhnikov) (2004-08-25)
Re: Linking with different compilers tee.teoh@sympatico.ca (Unknown) (2004-08-25)
Re: Linking with different compilers vidar@hokstad.name (2004-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Unknown <tee.teoh@sympatico.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 25 Aug 2004 14:54:15 -0400
Posted-Date: 25 Aug 2004 14:54:15 EDT

I had a similar problem at work not long ago. We ended up convincing
the vendor to recompile with gcc 3.3 after trying fake the
libstdc++.so.3 by symlinking it from libstdc++.so.5. Unfortunately
encountered symbol changes from libstdc++.so.3 to libstdc++.so.5.

I am not sure if you can statically link in the code.

One possible way out of this conundrum is to wrap each library as a
RPC/CORBA server and make method calls between them as needed. I must
admit it is not the nicest of solutions.

Best of luck

tee