Re: van Wijngaarden Grammars, Was: Grammars for LL(1) grammars?

"Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen" <lhp+news@toft-hp.dk>
28 Jul 2004 12:21:23 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grammars for LL(1) grammars? lhp+news@toft-hp.dk (LasseHillerøePetersen) (2004-05-24)
Re: Grammars for LL(1) grammars? lhp+news@toft-hp.dk (Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen) (2004-07-13)
van Wijngaarden Grammars, Was: Grammars for LL(1) grammars? wb@arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (2004-07-14)
Re: van Wijngaarden Grammars, Was: Grammars for LL(1) grammars? lhp+news@toft-hp.dk (Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen) (2004-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Lasse =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Hiller=F8e?= Petersen" <lhp+news@toft-hp.dk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jul 2004 12:21:23 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Jul 2004 12:21:23 EDT

  wb@arb-phys.uni-dortmund.de (Wilhelm B. Kloke) wrote:

> Perhaps the following hint does not help for the current problem.

No, not much, but thank you anyway.

> People interested in working with vWG might find helpful:
> http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~fisher/software/yoyovwg/

I suppose that must be an implementation of what he wrote about in:
_Practical LL(1)-based parsing of van Wijngaarden grammars_
Acta Informatica 21 559-584 (1985)

I can't find that article online, nor does it seem that the local
university library has it (apparantly they have Acta Informatica up to
1981 only.) Does anybody have this article online? Otherwise, perhaps
the library can manage to dig it up for me somehow. Having that article
would make reading the K&R style C code from the yoyo parser a bit
easier, I guess.

While we are talking about good resources on VW-grammars: I just bought
the following book second-hand from Amazon:
R. Uzgalis, J. Cleaveland [1977] "Grammars for Programming Languages"
Elsevier Computer Science Library.

From Google I know that this book has been mentioned on comp.compilers
several times, but it really does deserve another mention.

-Lasse