Looking for a parser generator recommendation

Exits Funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com>
19 Jul 2004 22:52:20 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Looking for a parser generator recommendation exitsfunnel@yahoo.com (Exits Funnel) (2004-07-19)
Re: Looking for a parser generator recommendation cdc@maxnet.co.nz (Carl Cerecke) (2004-07-20)
Re: Looking for a parser generator recommendation sreeni@viswanadha.net (Sreenivasa Viswanadha) (2004-07-20)
Re: Looking for a parser generator recommendation danwang74@gmail.com (Daniel C. Wang) (2004-07-20)
Re: Looking for a parser generator recommendation egagnon@antivirus.uqam.ca (Etienne Gagnon) (2004-07-20)
Re: Looking for a parser generator recommendation gopi@sankhya.com (2004-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Exits Funnel <exitsfunnel@yahoo.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Jul 2004 22:52:20 -0400
Posted-Date: 19 Jul 2004 22:52:20 EDT

Hello,

I'm looking for a parser generator which meets the following requirements

1) LALR

2) Generates a parser in Java.

3) The generator itself (as opposed to just the generated code) must run
cross platform (ie, probably be java).

4) The generated code and any support libraries must be explitly usable
in commercial software. Unfortunately, our legal department has deemed
even the Lesser GPL unacceptable. I guess that means I'm looking for
either something commercial or something in the public domain.

5) This one's not absolutely necasarry but it would be great if the tool
supported the generation of some kind of an intermediate form (parse
tree?) rather than just allowing embedded actions in the rules.

I've spent quite some time searching the web but most everything I can
find is either open source or a windows tool. If anyone has any
recommendations I'd love to hear about them. Thanks in advance.

-exits