Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language

easlab@absamail.co.za (Chris Glur)
30 May 2004 13:33:47 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language easlab@absamail.co.za (2004-05-30)
Re: Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language wyrmwif@tsoft.com (SM Ryan) (2004-06-06)
Re: Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language vidar@hokstad.name (2004-06-06)
Re: Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language easlab@absamail.co.za (2004-06-12)
Gated Single Assignment [Was: Online explanation of Dijkstra's Guarded TommyAtNumba-Tu.Com--not@yahoo.com (Tommy Thorn) (2004-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: easlab@absamail.co.za (Chris Glur)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.oberon
Date: 30 May 2004 13:33:47 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 May 2004 13:33:47 EDT

Hi,

Google didn't find me a 'Dijkstra's Guarded Command Language'
    description. Can some one point me to an online reference.

  I'm interested in methods of 'transforming code' , other than lisp.

I've started analysing M. Brandis' these of 1995 re.
`guarded single-assignment form' compiler. [ for Oberon]

His explanations, repeatedly branch off into discussions of optimisation,
disrupting the flow of the basic understanding. Perhaps an
understanding first of 'Guarded Command Language' would help ?

This problem of resisting interesting side-tracks, and first doing the
complete "hello world version", seems to be as difficult as giving up
smoking, for people trying to explain their OWN system ?

== Chris Glur.