Need help with retrieving Ada symbols from an ELF/Dwarf symbol table

marianna_g@yahoo.com (Marianna Gheno)
30 May 2004 13:24:03 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Need help with retrieving Ada symbols from an ELF/Dwarf symbol table marianna_g@yahoo.com (2004-05-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: marianna_g@yahoo.com (Marianna Gheno)
Newsgroups: comp.arch.embedded,comp.compilers
Date: 30 May 2004 13:24:03 -0400
Posted-Date: 30 May 2004 13:24:03 EDT

Hello,

I am currently working on a non-intrusive real-time debugger that gets
address info. for variables from the symbol table within the Elf/Dwarf
format executable. The debugger itself is written in C. It currently
works fine for both local and global variables in programs written in
C/C++, but will not pick up anything from an Ada program. I know that
Ada variable names are mangled differently, but I cannot find how
exactly. This is in IRIX 6.x environment, gnat compiler. Any
help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Marianna Gheno