builtin lists and Intel SSE support?

"Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
22 Jan 2004 23:30:06 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
builtin lists and Intel SSE support? vanevery@indiegamedesign.com (Brandon J. Van Every) (2004-01-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Brandon J. Van Every" <vanevery@indiegamedesign.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:30:06 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Jan 2004 23:30:06 EST

Can anyone tell me of a language + compiler that

1) runs on Windows
2) has support for lists in the language syntax itself, not just as a
standard library
3) supports Intel SSE instructions in some manner

Regarding (3), it could be inline ASM, builtin compiler functions, or
some other form of tedious manual labor. I'm not expecting
automagical Intel SSE compiler support, although indeed that would be
nice if it existed.

The application domain, if you want to know, is pathfinding on a 3D
model of a planet. Currently I'm looking at using a node / graph
approach, and it promises to be both list heavy and vector heavy.

BTW these are hard requirements for purposes of this question. If I
was willing to forego (2), I could of course use C++. If I forego
(3), I'm aware of tons of options, I don't need to be asking the
question. And I'm certainly not going to give up both (2) and (3),
let alone (1) !
--
Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA