Syntax Checking

Gabriele Farina <darkbard@email.it>
20 Dec 2003 11:46:25 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Syntax Checking darkbard@email.it (Gabriele Farina) (2003-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Gabriele Farina <darkbard@email.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 2003 11:46:25 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Dec 2003 11:46:25 EST

Hi guys,

I have to write a simple syntax checker for Flash Actionscritp.
I wrote a first version using python, butI think It should be better to
use C and all the tools that can be founded on the net (flex and bison)

When I wrote the SC, I create a scanner and an easy top-down parser that
retuns error when encountered wrong tokens.

Is this the right approach??
There are tools which can make my work easier?

tnx, bye
[That seems reasonable, but if your python version works, I don't see
any reason to stop using it. Python is slow compared to C, but most
users don't care whether their syntax checker runs in 1/4 sec or 1/10 sec.
-John]