Re: VB DE-compilers

vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
21 Nov 2003 00:40:54 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
VB DE-compilers dr_engineer@hotmail.com (2003-11-08)
Re: VB DE-compilers vbdis@aol.com (2003-11-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Nov 2003 00:40:54 -0500
Posted-Date: 21 Nov 2003 00:40:54 EST

  dr_engineer@hotmail.com (Dr. Engineer) schreibt:

>I'm looking for a Visual Basic 6 DE-compiler. Does anyone have any
>suggesstions?

AFAIK no really working decompilers are available for VB4 and newer VB
versions. There existed some interesting and enthousiastic projects, but none
seems to have succeeded.

I gave up writing new VB decompilers due to various OLE issues, but for VB7
(.NET) decompilers are feasable. Currently I'm working on cross compilers and
other stuff, but back-ends for the code creation in specific languages have a
very low priority - that's so much stupid work ;-)

DoDi