[ANN] doublecpp -- double dispatch in C++

Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it>
25 Jul 2003 21:21:51 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[ANN] doublecpp -- double dispatch in C++ bettini@dsi.unifi.it (Lorenzo Bettini) (2003-07-25)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers,comp.lang.c++
Date: 25 Jul 2003 21:21:51 -0400
Posted-Date: 25 Jul 2003 21:21:51 EDT

Hi

I've just released doublecpp:

Doublecpp is a preprocessor for C++ that handles a new linguistic
construct for defining branches of a multi-method. The "right" branch
of such a method will be selected dynamically at run-time according to
the actual type of the object on which the method is invoked and to
the actual type of the first argument: double dispatch.

http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/index.html

Doublecpp is free software; you are free to use, share and modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License (see COPYING).

Doublecpp is delivered with sources that have to be compiled. It can be
downloaded from the following site:

http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/doublecpp-0.2.tar.gz

Doublecpp has been developed using GNU gcc 3.2.2

You can build doublecpp also under Windows, using cygwin
(http://www.cygwin.com). If you have problems with that, you can
request the windows binaries directly to me.

IMPORTANT: you have to use a 3.x version of gcc: earlier versions have
problems handling code generated by doublecpp.

You can find the documentation in the file

http://www.lorenzobettini.it/software/doublecpp/doublecpp.ps

I look forward to receiving comments!

regards
Lorenzo

| Lorenzo Bettini ICQ# lbetto, 16080134 |
| PhD in Computer Science |
| Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze |
| Tel +39 055 4796741, Fax +39 055 4796730 |
| Florence - Italy (GNU/Linux User # 158233) |
| Home Page : http://www.lorenzobettini.it |
| http://music.dsi.unifi.it XKlaim language |
| http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple Cover Band |
| http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite |