Compiler positions available for week ending June 8

compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
8 Jun 2003 22:06:36 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 8 compilers@iecc.com (2003-06-08)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 8 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2008-06-08)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 8 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2014-06-08)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 8 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1997-06-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Jun 2003 22:06:36 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Jun 2003 22:06:36 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 08:42:55 -0700
Subject: position postings (Seattle area, recruiter)
From: Cheri Baker <cheri@asher.com>

If you are interested in these openings please contact:
Cheri Baker
technical recruiter
800-722-1030
cheri@asher.com

All positions located near Seattle, WA

Senior Software Engineer, Compilers
Company confidential.

We are looking for a hands-on experienced developer, who can be a key
contributor in the design and implementation of the next generation of
development tools. We are working on tools to gain deeper insight into
source code, automatically find defects, prioritize testing, and
improve the reliability of our products. The research technologies
that we work with include static source analysis (C, C++, C# and
MC++), static binary analysis (x86 and MSIL), and dynamic run-time
analysis. This position requires a highly motivated person, solid
C/C++ development and debugging skills, good communication skills, and
the ability to work well in a team environment. The ideal candidate
will have experience in compiler development, program flow analysis
and proven ability to target tools - preferably for C/C++
developers. Prior experience in code generation and debugging
technologies a plus.

Senior Program Manager, Compiler Research
Company confidential.

My client is looking for Program Manager to lead the development of
projects in the correctness area. This role requires a broad technical
background - ability to investigate and identify future trends in
software reliability, analyze current requirements of product groups,
and provide strategic leadership to the research development
teams. Integral parts of the job include guiding the definition of new
research projects, working with development leads to build a
development strategy and plan, working with key champions in the
product groups to define adoption plan, and evangelizing the
technology approach in internal and sometimes, external venues. We're
looking for a candidate with strong technical ability, some previous
experience targeting development tools for C/C++ developers -
preferably in the compiler or language design area, user interface
sensibility, and an ability to work well with different teams. Great
motivation, drive, communication skills, organization and
follow-through are a must. Qualifications should include: Seven or
more years of demonstrated work experience in software development and
four or more years as a project lead or program manager. You must have
a demonstrated ability to build innovative solutions, communicate
persuasively across different settings, manage projects with little
supervision, and meet deadlines.

BS in CS/EE Required. MS/PHD Preferred. Full Relocation Assistance
available

Research Software Engineer/Technical Lead
Company confidential.

We are currently starting to develop several new exciting technologies
that will bring our future tools to new heights. Our deliverables
range from code static analysis to optimization tools, from profilers
to runtime infrastructures operating on binaries. Here is a great
chance to make a difference across the company by taking a big leap
with us. We need a "hands-on and results oriented" developer manager
who will lead a strong team of developers and drive them to build
innovative tools or infrastructure - going from just an idea to a
fully deployable product. The dev manager will also help define goals,
processes, and requirements at an early stage and manage resources
across groups. Since we work in small teams and leverage from each
other's strength, the applicant should have a solid background in
leadership, strong organizational and communication skills (some
presentation skills required), flexibility, accountability, and cross
group work experience. A 5+ years of management experience and a four
year degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
are required.

For technical experience, a 7+ years of coding experience in C/C++ and
microprocessor architecture expertise is required; of course knowledge of
assembly language is a big plus in our daily brush with compiler
technologies.

Candidates need excellent communications skills and work in compiler
backends. Full Relocation Assistance available