Re: Grammar to automation translation at runtime (NOT at compile time)?

vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
18 May 2003 23:52:41 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Grammar to automation translation at runtime (NOT at compile time)? sarkar_soumen@yahoo.com (2003-05-14)
Re: Grammar to automation translation at runtime (NOT at compile t vbdis@aol.com (2003-05-18)
Re: Grammar to automation translation at runtime (NOT at compile t codeworker@free.fr (2003-05-18)
Re: Grammar to automation translation at runtime (NOT at compile t oliver@zeigermann.de (Oliver Zeigermann) (2003-05-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vbdis@aol.com (VBDis)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 May 2003 23:52:41 -0400
Posted-Date: 18 May 2003 23:52:41 EDT

sarkar_soumen@yahoo.com (Soumen Sarkar) schreibt:

>Therefore, my question is if there is any thought/effort to make the
>grammar to automation (a computational service) make available at run
>time?

I'm thinking about such a thing myself, inspired by MetaS. In several
of my applications I'd appreciate some scripting feature, based upon a
grammar which can be input on the fly, from either manual input or a
text file.

It's no special problem to create automation tables at runtime, but
how to add actions to these tables? Once a grammar is customized with
actions, it's very hard to propagate eventual changes in the syntax to
all those customized grammars :-(

DoDi