Re: C# for java

Sander Vesik <sander@haldjas.folklore.ee>
27 Apr 2003 02:43:40 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C# for java fgagnon@inouii.com (Francois Gagnon) (2003-04-15)
Re: C# for java wildstf@hotmail.com (Stefano Lanzavecchia) (2003-04-20)
Re: C# for java oliver@zeigermann.de (Oliver Zeigermann) (2003-04-20)
Re: C# for java bobduff@shell01.TheWorld.com (Robert A Duff) (2003-04-27)
Re: C# for java sander@haldjas.folklore.ee (Sander Vesik) (2003-04-27)
Re: C# for java rrschulz@cris.com (Randall R Schulz) (2003-05-06)
Re: C# for java sander@haldjas.folklore.ee (Sander Vesik) (2003-05-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sander Vesik <sander@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Apr 2003 02:43:40 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Apr 2003 02:43:40 EDT

Oliver Zeigermann <oliver@zeigermann.de> wrote:
> As there are certain constructs in C# (local objects stored on stack,
> listeners as integrated part of the language, etc.) that are not
> supported by the JVM, I would say this is impossible.

By the same approach, having scheme run on jvm (no call/cc or similar,
etc) should be impossible aswell, no? One can for example always
emulate the presence of a stack, and merely put objects that need to
be removed when stack unwinds on it.

--
Sander
[They're all Turing-complete so it's always possible to translate one