Code Optimization in OO Compilers

Sphynx <sphynx@kiit.org>
27 Apr 2003 02:38:43 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Code Optimization in OO Compilers sphynx@kiit.org (Sphynx) (2003-04-27)
Re: Code Optimization in OO Compilers hzmonte@hotmail.com (2003-04-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Sphynx <sphynx@kiit.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 27 Apr 2003 02:38:43 -0400
Posted-Date: 27 Apr 2003 02:38:43 EDT

Hi ppl,

Well I'm just a beginner and studying to understand compilers. I need
to write a report on -- How code optimization is implemented in
compiler designed for Object Oriented Languages like: C++, Java etc.--
Plz let me know some good websites, conference proceedings
and computing trade press from which i can learn some beginner stuff
about the topic and also do some research on the more advanced aspects
of this topic. Hope you GURUs will help me out :)

Many Thanx in advance.

CIAO...
[Wilhelm and Maurer's book has a good chapter on the peculiarities of
compiling OO languages. I think you'll find that OOP optimization is
just like any other optimization other than a few special tricks like
dealing with C++ template expansion code bloat. -John]