Data flow analysis and constant propagation

Matt <matt@beastrider.com>
20 Apr 2003 17:38:30 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Data flow analysis and constant propagation matt@beastrider.com (Matt) (2003-04-20)
Re: Data flow analysis and constant propagation dnovillo@redhat.com (Diego Novillo) (2003-04-27)
Re: Data flow analysis and constant propagation titzer@expert.ics.purdue.edu (Ben L. Titzer) (2003-04-27)
Re: Data flow analysis and constant propagation matt@peakfive.com (Matt) (2003-05-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Matt <matt@beastrider.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Apr 2003 17:38:30 -0400
Posted-Date: 20 Apr 2003 17:38:30 EDT

I built a module that's used for doing data flow analysis using a tree
representation of the flow graph and I'm wondering how hard it is to use
that tree for constant propagation, or if there are any descriptions of
how to do this.

The tree is built from an analysis of the flow graph and analyses like
reaching definitions and live variables are done using attribution on
the tree. The data flow analysis works well for this sort of thing but
won't work for constant propagation. Since I already have the tree
around and plenty of tools for developing attribution I'd like to do
constant propagation with these tools.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Matt