Re: Regular Expression Minimization

"David Butler" <gdb@dbSystems.com>
20 Apr 2003 17:13:04 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Regular Expression Minimization jjoao@netcabo.pt (Jose Joao Morais) (2003-04-13)
Re: Regular Expression Minimization gdb@dbSystems.com (David Butler) (2003-04-20)
Re: Regular Expression Minimization benjaminabernathy@hotmail.com (2003-04-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "David Butler" <gdb@dbSystems.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Apr 2003 17:13:04 -0400
Posted-Date: 20 Apr 2003 17:13:03 EDT

I have used a tool to "minimize" nasty regular expressions,
but it takes a little work. The input into the tool is a table
because that was the problem domain it was written for.

The state elimination algorithm used is basically a karnaugh map.
But that is only the first step to minimization.

You may find it useful, nonetheless.

www.dbSystems.com/stc/

David
gdb@dbSystems.com