GCC Summit

"Naveen Sharma, Noida" <naveens@noida.hcltech.com>
22 Mar 2003 16:09:44 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
GCC Summit naveens@noida.hcltech.com (Naveen Sharma, Noida) (2003-03-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Naveen Sharma, Noida" <naveens@noida.hcltech.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Mar 2003 16:09:44 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Mar 2003 16:09:44 EST

GCC Developer's Summit
May 25-27th, 2003
Ottawa, Canada

We are happy to announce that the GCC Developer's Summit is now
officially going ahead and will take place from May 25th to May 27th,
2003 in Ottawa, Canada. Community support for the event has been
excellent and we hope to be able to use the time at the Summit to the
advantage of the entire project. We are proud to announce as well
that Richard T. Henderson will be presenting the event keynote
address.

We are now soliciting content, the Call for Participation has been
published at http://www.gccsummit.org/2003/cfp.php and contains the
formal details. Our plan is to run two concurrent tracks one focusing
on GCC internals, and one for GCC users.

Examples of the kind of topics we're looking for in the internals
track would include; details on specific ports such as IA64 and
X86-64, new features in the tree-SSA branch, new features in the
rtlopt branch, details of the new register allocator, and similar.

For the users track we would be looking to address topics such as the
details on the new C++ parser, precompiled header support, SIMD
support and how to use it, the compilercache and how to use it,
details on using GCC with RTEMS, and similar topics.

We also have space for tutorials, working group meetings,
brainstorming sessions, and other similar tasks best addressed in
person.

The goal of the event is to provide meaningful content relevant to the
attendees and advance the overall understanding of the GCC
project. Your input and feedback is a key component in ensuring that
this goal is met. If there is something you feel should be happening
please speak up and we'll do our best to help make sure it does.
Direct feedback should be sent to ajh@gccsummit.org and will be
discussed with the organizing committee promptly, we welcome all kinds
of feedback.

More details are available at the Summit website at
http://www.gccsummit.org/ and we strongly recommend that everyone
interested join the Announcement mailing list at
http://lists.gccsummit.org/mailman/listinfo/gccsummit-announce to keep
informed.

We would like to also take this time to thank everyone who has worked
on GCC for their very significant contributions to Free Software and
to software engineering in general we feel strongly that GCC deserves
significantly more credit and hope to do what we can.

In this context we take GCC to refer to the entire GNU Compiler Collection.