Some Guidance for a newbie

jsulliva77@yahoo.com (James Sullivan)
9 Mar 2003 17:23:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Some Guidance for a newbie jsulliva77@yahoo.com (2003-03-09)
Re: Some Guidance for a newbie lstavenhagen@hotmail.com (ls) (2003-03-14)
Re: Some Guidance for a newbie urfaust@optushome.com.au (Faust) (2003-03-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jsulliva77@yahoo.com (James Sullivan)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2003 17:23:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2003 17:23:23 EST

Hello, I am just getting started into Compiler design and am looking
for some resource suggestions or mini-project ideas. I am currently
reading Grune's book "Modern Compiler Design" and have purchased the
so-called "Red Dragon" book. After reading chapter 2 of Grune, I
realized I needed to better understand grammars. This has led me to
Linz's "Introduction to Formal Languages and Automata".

Any further suggestions would be appreciated. I have a masters in
Mathematics, so I wont shy away from books that appreciate
abstraction.

james