Automated Testing tool developenet and interpreter

basimkakakhail@yahoo.com (Basim Kakakhail)
21 Feb 2003 01:22:31 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Automated Testing tool developenet and interpreter basimkakakhail@yahoo.com (2003-02-21)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: basimkakakhail@yahoo.com (Basim Kakakhail)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 21 Feb 2003 01:22:31 -0500
Posted-Date: 21 Feb 2003 01:22:31 EST

Hello friends these days we are working on our degree project in
BS(CS) the project is to develop an Automated Testing Tool. The
proposed tool while recording test sessions would paste a test script
to the workspace, this script would be C++ like (of our choice of
syntax) and would be programmable. Later the software would play back
the test script generated earlier. I have already studied compiler
course some time ago. Now this time we have to develop our own
language and an interpreter for it. As we are running out of time
therefore kindly suggest us some shortest solution so that we are able
to complete the project in time. I would be very thankful if you take
out some time for us.

Regards

Yours truly,

Muhammad Basim Kakakhail
Hamdard University Islamabad campus
www.hamdard-isb.edu.pk
www. hamdard.edu
[The script language is easy, you can borrow TCL or something like that.
The tricky part is putting the hooks into whatever you're testing so
that you can record or play back events. -John]