Re: Bison version 1.875 available

A Johnstone <adrian@sartre.cs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
12 Jan 2003 17:41:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Bison version 1.875 available eggert@twinsun.com (Paul Eggert) (2003-01-01)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available thp@cs.ucr.edu (2003-01-04)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available bonzini@gnu.org (2003-01-07)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available matkin@acm.org (Mats Kindahl) (2003-01-07)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available eggert@CS.UCLA.EDU (Paul Eggert) (2003-01-07)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available adrian@sartre.cs.rhbnc.ac.uk (A Johnstone) (2003-01-12)
Re: Bison version 1.875 available garry.iglesias@laposte.net (JunkyCoder) (2003-01-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: A Johnstone <adrian@sartre.cs.rhbnc.ac.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 12 Jan 2003 17:41:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 12 Jan 2003 17:41:23 EST

Paul Eggert <eggert@CS.UCLA.EDU> wrote:
: thp@cs.ucr.edu writes:

:> I'd be interested in learning more about the techniques involved
:> [in Bison 1.875's GLR parser]. Any good references?

: Here's a good exposition of GLR parsing techniques:

: Elizabeth Scott, Adrian Johnstone and Shamsa Sadaf Hussain,
: Tomita-Style Generalised LR Parsers,
: Royal Holloway, University of London, Department of Computer Science, TR-00-12
: <http://www.cs.rhul.ac.uk/research/languages/publications/tomita_style_1.ps>
: (2000-12-24).

Thanks for the plug, Paul.

Elizabeth and I have been working for some time on GLR parsing and
have made some theoretical contributions. We're currently writing a
monograph for Springer-Verlag. I'd be interested to hear from
potential readers and reviewers of such a monograph. We're at the
stage of sending in the first few chapters by the end of January.

If this is your thing, you might also like to look at our paper in
this year's Compilers Conference.

                                                                        Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Johnstone, Senior Lecturer in Computing, Computer Science Dep,
Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.