intermediate code representation

vivekj10@rediffmail.com (Vivek)
19 Dec 2002 12:44:58 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
intermediate code representation vivekj10@rediffmail.com (2002-12-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vivekj10@rediffmail.com (Vivek)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Dec 2002 12:44:58 -0500
Posted-Date: 19 Dec 2002 12:44:58 EST

I am building a compiler to assist programming in high-level language
for embedded systems. I would like to gain detailed information about
what aspects are important in embedded systems. Also how certain
instructions which i will be providing for communication with ports
such as :

IN(PORT-ADDRESS) ; --> to obtain input from the given port address
OUT(PORT-ADDRESS) ; --> to provide output to the port

are to be represented in intermediate code. Can some1 plz tell where
where I can find information avout this stuff.
[Is there anything about embedded programming that would make the
intermediate code special? Macros that turn into instructions are
certainly not unusual. -John]