Processing macros and include files, how?...

"Orlando Llanes" <ojl@hotmail.com>
19 Sep 2002 01:15:45 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Processing macros and include files, how?... ojl@hotmail.com (Orlando Llanes) (2002-09-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Orlando Llanes" <ojl@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 19 Sep 2002 01:15:45 -0400
Posted-Date: 19 Sep 2002 01:15:44 EDT

        I'm curious about how macros and include files are normally processed.

        The reason I'm asking about include files is because Bob Sheff
raised a point in a previous post about how saving the file pointer
and position would take up a lot of memory.

See ya!
Orlando
[The file pointer and position take an insignficant amount of memory,
but in packages like Unix standard I/O, each open file also allocates
an open file structure from a table that's not very big and a set of
I/O buffers. -John]