Call for papers - Workshop on Parallel I/O in Cluster Computing and Grids (Tokyo, 2003)

"J" <abawjem@scs.carleton.ca>
8 Sep 2002 22:56:28 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Call for papers - Workshop on Parallel I/O in Cluster Computing and Gr abawjem@scs.carleton.ca (J) (2002-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "J" <abawjem@scs.carleton.ca>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 8 Sep 2002 22:56:28 -0400
Posted-Date: 08 Sep 2002 22:56:28 EDT

Dear Friends:

Please find enclosed call for papers of upcoming Workshop on Parallel
I/O in Cluster Computing and Computational Grids to be held in
conjunction with 3rd IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster
Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2003) Tokyo, Japan.

Check the following link:
                http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~abawjem/ccgrid03/gridcc03.html

Thanks
J.H. Abawajy

Call for Papers and Participations
========================

The growing popularity of the Internet along with the availability of
powerful computers and high-speed networks as low-cost commodity
components are changing the way we do computing. Two advanced
computing themes have emerged: "cluster computing" and "global network
computing" (grid computing). The aim of the workshop is to address
parallel I/O related problems on Cluster Computing and Computational
Grids by bringing together international cluster and network-based
computing researchers, developers, and users. The workshop will also
serve as a forum to present the latest work, and highlight related
activities from around the world. We are soliciting high quality
papers reporting original work on parallel I/O in Cluster Computing
and Computational Grids in both theoretical and experimental research
on a broad range of topics, including, but not limited to:

*File Systems and Parallel I/O for clusters;
*Data Distribution and Load Balancing in the presence of I/O Operations;

*Tools for Operating and Managing I/O Operations;
*Novel Hardware and Software I/O Architectures;
*Parallel Disk Models and Algorithms;
*Experiences with Massive Data Sets;
*I/O Performance Analysis;
*Drivers and Application Programming Interfaces;
*Advances in Storage Technology;
*Compilers Techniques for High Performance I/O Operations;
*Language and runtime libraries;
*Parallel I/O support for databases.

PAPER SUBMISSION
==================

Authors are invited to submit papers of not more than 8 pages of
double column text using single spaced 10 point size type on 8.5 x 11
inch pages, as per IEEE 8.5 x 11 manuscript guidelines, see:
http://www.computer.org/cspress/instruct.htm. Authors should submit a
PostScript (level 2) or PDF file that will print on a PostScript
printer. All papers will be fully referred and selected papers will be
published by the IEEE Computer Society Press, USA.

Submissions should be forwarded to the workshop chair, electronically
(PS or PDF format, compressed) or by mail (3 paper copies) in the
following address:

Jemal H. Abawajy
Centre for Parallel and Distributed Computing
School of Computer Science,
Carleton University, Ottawa,
K1S 5B6, CANADA

IMPORTANT DATES
==================
Submission deadline : November, 15, 2002;
Acceptance Notifications : January 1, 2003;
Camera-Ready Papers due : February 21, 2003;

All queries may be directed to the PC chair:
Jemal H. Abawajy
Voice: (613) 520-2600 ext.1035
FAX: (613) 520-4334
abawjem@scs.carleton.ca

Program Committee Members
============================
Rajkumar Buyya
Grid Computing and Distributed Systems (GRIDS) Lab
The University of Melbourne, Australia
http://www.csse.melbourne.edu/~raj

Rajeev Thakur
Argonne National Laboratory
thakur@mcs.anl.gov

Toni Cortes
Barcelona School of Informatics (FIB)
Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC)
  http://people.ac.upc.es/toni/
toni@fib.upc.es

Yiming Hu
Dept. of Electrical & Computer
Engineering & Computer Science
University of Cincinnati
  http://www.ececs.uc.edu/~yhu/
yhu@ececs.uc.edu

Heinz Stokinger
Research Fellow in Computer Science
European DataGrid project
http://hst.home.cern.ch/hst/cv.html

Peter Brezany
University of Vienna
Institute for Software Science
  http://www.par.univie.ac.at/~brezany/
brezany@par.univie.ac.at

Erich Schikuta
Institute of Applied Computer Science and Information Systems,
Department of
Data Engineering
University of Vienna,
http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~schiki/
schiki@ifs.univie.ac.at

Alok Choudhary
Northwestern University
http://www.ece.nwu.edu/~choudhar/
choudhar@ece.nwu.edu

Robert B. Ross
Argonne National Laboratory
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~rross/resume.htm
rross@mcs.anl.gov

Evgenia Smirni
College of William and Mary
  http://www.cs.wm.edu/~esmirni
esmirni@cs.wm.edu

Jemal H. Abawajy
Centre for Parallel and Distributed Computing
School of Computer Science
  http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~abawjem
abawjem@scs.carleton.ca

Thomas Cormen