MICRO-35 Invitation (Istanbul, Nov 02)

"Dan Connors" <dconnors@colorado.edu>
3 Sep 2002 00:24:54 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
MICRO-35 Invitation (Istanbul, Nov 02) dconnors@colorado.edu (Dan Connors) (2002-09-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Dan Connors" <dconnors@colorado.edu>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Sep 2002 00:24:54 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2002 00:24:54 EDT

                                        MICRO-35 Invitation

            The 35th International IEEE/ACM Symposium on Microarchitecture

                                      Istanbul, Turkey, Nov. 18-22, 2002

The MICRO organizing committee is pleased to announce that the 35th
Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture
(MICRO-35) will be held in Istanbul, Turkey from Nov. 18 to Nov. 22,
2002. MICRO represents the premier technical forum on
microarchitecture. MICRO is the best scientific venue to meet the key
people in the microprocessors field; it is well attended by both
academic and industrial experts on the design of microprocessors.

MICRO-35 will feature outstanding keynote speeches by Tilak Agerwala
(Vice President, Systems, IBM Research) and by Justin Rattner (Intel
Fellow and Director, Microprocessor Research, Intel Labs). The
MICRO-35 technical program will be of very high quality, as usual:
This year, we have had 150 papers submitted to MICRO (another record
for MICRO), out of which 36 were accepted. MICRO-35 will include 6
tutorials on exciting topics of current interest: aynchronous and
partially asynchronous microprocessor design, thermal management in
microprocessors, compilation for the Itanium, network processors, and
microarchitecture simulation tools. There will also be 4 cutting-edge
workshops, on EPIC architectures and compilers, media and stream
processors, multithreading, and application-specific processors.

Advance program:
  http://www.microarch.org/micro35/advance_program.html

Tutorials (http://www.microarch.org/micro35/tutorials.html)

      Asynchronous Microprocessor Design
      Tutorial on Partially Asynchronous Microprocessors (PAMs)
      Thermal Management Issues for Microprocessors
      An Introduction to Network Processor Research and Design
      Open Research Compiler (ORC) 2.0 -Tuning Performance on Itanium
      Simics Microarchitect's Toolset

Workshops (http://www.microarch.org/micro35/workshops.html)

      6th Workshop on Multi-threaded Execution, Arch, and Compilation
      4th Workshop on Media and Stream Processors
      2nd Workshop on EPIC Architectures and Compiler Technology
      1st Workshop on Application Specific Processors (WASP)

I especially encourage students to attend MICRO-35, and to submit
papers to the MICRO-35 workshops. We have created a new Student
Advocate position this year in MICRO, for making sure we are providing
the right opportunities for the students, who will become the next
generation of researchers in our field. Due to generous corporate
donations and support from the National Science Foundation, we will be
able to offer many travel grants for students and junior faculty.
There will also be best student paper and best student presentation
awards in MICRO-35's technical programs. ACM and IEEE CS have
graciously agreed to provide free memberships to the award-winning
student authors.

Student/Junior Faculty travel grants:
          http://www.microarch.org/micro35/grants/

Istanbul is a jewel of a city, combining the magnificent historical
treasures of past civilizations with the life of a modern
metropolis. Besides the architectural marvels of St. Sophia and the
Blue Mosque, Istanbul's rich cultural heritage offers countless Roman,
Byzantine, and Ottoman historical sites. The old bazaars, cafes,
restaurants, night clubs, and shopping centers add to Istanbul's
colorful daily life taking place on both the European and Asian sides
of the blue waters of the Bosphorus strait, and on the pretty Islands
nearby. Please take a look at the Istanbul photo gallery on our Web
site. Our social program at MICRO-35 will try to give you a glimpse of
the cultural richness of Istanbul. After the conference, I would
encourage you to stay in Istanbul a few days to see more, and/or visit
other interesting places in Turkey, such as the Antalya or Izmir
regions. MICRO-35's official conference organization/travel agency in
Istanbul, SEMOR, will offer a portfolio of organized tours/travel
packages to interested MICRO-35 attendees.

Pictures of Istanbul:
  http://www.microarch.org/micro35/istanbul_photo_gallery.html

MICRO-35 will take place at the Istanbul Hilton, an established
high-end hotel in Istanbul. We are glad to say that MICRO-35 is able
to offer low rates to the attendees at this hotel. But I would suggest
making your hotel reservations early; space is limited.

Hotel Registration:
  https://form.garanti.com.tr/genel/html/micro_reg-v1.1.htm

Conference Registration:
                https://turing.acm.org/sigs/sigmicro/micro35/

If you have any questions or comments about MICRO-35, please feel free
to contact me at: kemal@watson.ibm.com.

Kemal Ebcioglu
Micro-35 General Chair
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

For more information, please refer to out conference web site
http://www.microarch.org/micro35. Thank you for your time in reading
this message.