Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler?

"Bruce" <siavash_massoumi@yahoo.co.uk>
3 Sep 2002 00:07:48 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? siavash_massoumi@yahoo.co.uk (Bruce) (2002-09-03)
Re: Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? stephen@dino.dnsalias.com (Stephen J. Bevan) (2002-09-08)
Re: Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? firefly@diku.dk (Peter \Firefly\Lund) (2002-09-08)
Re: Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? fjh@cs.mu.OZ.AU (Fergus Henderson) (2002-09-08)
Re: Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? idbaxter@semdesigns.com (Ira Baxter) (2002-09-08)
Re: Heap Allocated Stack Frame x86 Compiler? bonzini@gnu.org (Paolo Bonzini) (2002-09-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Bruce" <siavash_massoumi@yahoo.co.uk>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 3 Sep 2002 00:07:48 -0400
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2002 00:07:48 EDT

Is there a compiler available that will create native x86 code that
makes no use of the stack. Instead it could dynamically allocate space
for a stack frame on the heap and then set the EBP and ESP registers
and then use the stack as normal.
I searched the internet but all I can find are langauges such as
python and PicoC that run on top of virtual machines.

A C compiler would be ideal but any language would do.
[I doubt there are any 386 compilers that do heap allocation of
individual call frames, since you need a stack anyway to handle
interrupts. But there are lots of packages that set up blocks of
space for thread stacks and run with the stack in one of them rather
than the "system" stack. -John]