Large structures

"Andrzej Wasowski" <wasowski@data.pl>
13 Jun 2002 21:06:52 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Large structures wasowski@data.pl (Andrzej Wasowski) (2002-06-13)
Re: Large structures snicol@apk.net (Scott Nicol) (2002-06-14)
Re: Large structures andi@complang.tuwien.ac.at (Andreas Krall) (2002-06-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Andrzej Wasowski" <wasowski@data.pl>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 13 Jun 2002 21:06:52 -0400
Posted-Date: 13 Jun 2002 21:06:52 EDT

Is it possible to declare a structure of arbitrary length in C? I have
a code generation scheme in mind which uses a structure which might
happen to have over 2000 fields. Does it conform to ANSI C? Moreover,
dear compiler writers - do you know if C compilers tend to limit this
value?

Otherwise, any hint for alignment of datastructure of nonuniform shape
statically without using an artificially big structure?

andrzej
--
String.concat[ "wasowski", "@", "data", ".", "pl"]
[C99 says that a portable C program can have no more than 1023