Re: C Preprocessor

"Math Stuff" <math@planetp.org>
17 Apr 2002 23:21:13 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
C Preprocessor yuval@neomagic.co.il (2002-03-19)
Re: C Preprocessor rhyde@cs.ucr.edu (Randall Hyde) (2002-03-21)
Re: C Preprocessor math@planetp.org (Math Stuff) (2002-04-17)
C Preprocessor Mark_Kuschnir@gec-epl.co.uk (1993-04-26)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Math Stuff" <math@planetp.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 17 Apr 2002 23:21:13 -0400
Posted-Date: 17 Apr 2002 23:21:13 EDT

I'm sure there are more efficient methods than this, however, it
worked. A few years ago I wrote a preprocessor for the basic
language. It supported all of the same features of the C preprocessor
including macros. What I did was write a temp file for each macro as
I encountered its definition and then changed the input stream when I
encountered the macro in the code.

Daryl

> is someone can help me with the logic of the "functional macros" ?
> I have few ideas but I want to polish them...
[That's what you do, except that the temp files are strings in memory
rather than actual files. You keep a stack of which macro you're
expanding, where you are in it, and what the arguments are. In CPP you
also check for recursion and die if it happens. -John]