Dope-Vectors for low energy compliers

Manish Verma <verma@ls12sr.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
11 Mar 2002 02:11:24 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Dope-Vectors for low energy compliers verma@ls12sr.cs.uni-dortmund.de (Manish Verma) (2002-03-11)
Re: Dope-Vectors for low energy compliers sumesh_uk@hotmail.com (sumesh) (2002-03-17)
Re: Dope-Vectors for low energy compliers nmm1@cus.cam.ac.uk (2002-03-19)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Manish Verma <verma@ls12sr.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:11:24 -0500
Posted-Date: 11 Mar 2002 02:11:24 EST

Hi! Everybody !

    I am Phd student working on Low Energy Compilers and I have the
following ques tion. Why do we need to store the Array(Data) in
consecutive memory areas. We co uld use something like Dope-Vectors
(the way HPF/Fortran uses) and then divide the array on different
memories( Scratch-pad or main memory). I need help as I am confused
as how to do this allocation and when is it worthwhile to do divide
the data or rather is it worthwhile to divide the data. And try to
optimise energy.

Your help is the utmostly required

Regards
Manish Verma