parsing html?

"Ian" <iwaters@hg26.btclick.com>
22 Dec 2001 23:01:55 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
parsing html? iwaters@hg26.btclick.com (Ian) (2001-12-22)
Re: parsing html? rbw3@cet.nau.edu (Brock) (2001-12-24)
Re: parsing html? ralph@inputplus.demon.co.uk (2001-12-27)
Re: parsing html? rsherry8@home.com (Robert Sherry) (2001-12-27)
Re: parsing html? iwaters@hg26.btclick.com (Ian) (2001-12-29)
Re: parsing html? somik@yahoo.com (2002-01-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Ian" <iwaters@hg26.btclick.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Dec 2001 23:01:55 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Dec 2001 23:01:55 EST

Hello All

Im A Second Year University Student Studing Computer Science And Ai.
I Have Been Told That One Assignment Next Term Is To Write A Simple Web
Browser.

Well Ive Seen Some From Last Year And They Are Pretty Lame Anyway

Can Anyone Get Me Started On Parsing The Html?
Any Good Sites To Look At To Get Started?

I Have Taken A Course On Languages And Compilers And
Have Written A Compiler For A Pascal Type Language So
Im Not Completely New To This Stuff
But Any Help/Advice Given Will Be Great!!!!

Cheers
[There is an official grammar for HTML, but it bears remarkably little
relationship to the actual sloppy error-filled HTML that most web
browsers manage to interpret. -John]