[Announce] Yeti - Yet anothEr Tcl Interpreter

fp@fpx.de (Frank Pilhofer)
22 Dec 2001 22:59:33 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
[Announce] Yeti - Yet anothEr Tcl Interpreter fp@fpx.de (2001-12-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: fp@fpx.de (Frank Pilhofer)
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Dec 2001 22:59:33 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Dec 2001 22:59:33 EST

      Hi,

  I figured that posting this here, too, might be appropriate.

  Yeti is a scanner/parser package written in Tcl.

  The parser should support LALR(1), although I really should refresh
my rusty knowledge on languages before committing to that. It is
designed after yacc/bison, executing Tcl code whenever a rule is
matched. The grammar, which is defined in a syntax similar to BNF, is
transformed into an NFA first, then into a DFA.

  The scanner is designed after flex, supporting states and macros.

  Well, it's nothing fancy compared to other scanner/parser packages, but
fills an empty niche for the Tcl language.

  The nice thing is that because of Tcl's support in this area, both
scanner and parser should work just fine on Unicode input.

  See http://www.fpx.de/fp/Software/Yeti/ for more info and downloads.

Frank

--