Question about FOLLOW() sets. :)

"wayne" <user_77@hotmail.com>
22 Dec 2001 22:58:12 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Question about FOLLOW() sets. :) user_77@hotmail.com (wayne) (2001-12-22)
Re: Question about FOLLOW() sets. :) dogbird@earthlink.net (Josephus) (2001-12-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "wayne" <user_77@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 22 Dec 2001 22:58:12 -0500
Posted-Date: 22 Dec 2001 22:58:12 EST

Would it be possible for someone to show me an example of
computing FOLLOW() sets using Boolean Matrix Multiplication?

I can compute FIRST() sets easy enough. I'm just having trouble
with the FOLLOW() sets.

What do I populate the matrix with? I've tried it with a LAST()
set and then multiplied that by the FIRST() set, but I think I'm
slipping way off track.

BTW, I have no trouble computing them (by hand for a small grammar)
from the algorithms given in Aho, et al. but I would like to know
how to compute them with Boolean Matrices and I don't see how the two ways
relate.

Help (and thanks),
Wayne