Help with Grammar

Ian Upright <ian-news@upright.net>
20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Help with Grammar ian-news@upright.net (Ian Upright) (2001-12-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Ian Upright <ian-news@upright.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 -0500
Posted-Date: 20 Dec 2001 00:48:23 EST

I'm trying to build a parser to generate a simple tokenized tree of the
standard C grammar. I'm getting these errors "has no declared type" from
Bison, but I'm not quite sure what is wrong. Can anyone enlighten me?

ftp://ftp.upright.net/gram.y

Also any other tips or comments as to the approach I'm using to build this
simple tree?

Thanks, Ian

p.s. no, this is not a school assignment, I'm looking to use this parse tree
for my own purposes
[You need to declare the type of every symbol that's referenced as $$ or $n,
keeping in mind that if you don't write an action for a rule, yacc pretends
you wrote $$ = $1;
-John]