|GOLD Parser version 1.0 Beta 18 released GOLDParser@DevinCook.com (2001-10-20)|
|Date:||20 Oct 2001 21:51:54 -0400|
|Posted-Date:||20 Oct 2001 21:51:54 EDT|
Fellow computer scientists and developers,
Version 1.0 Beta 18 of the GOLD Parser Generator has just been
released. The GOLD Parser is a new parser generator which, like the
classic YACC development tool, can be used to create customized
parsers. Also like YACC, this tool will always be free.
There has been some major changes in this version of the parser
generator, but hopefully this version will be THE version for quite
some time. Please visit the GOLD Parser website at:
The changes are as follows:
* Major Update! The code base has been completely optimized. The
compilation process for the DFA and LALR tables is now over 4 times
* Ability to drag and drop files onto the main window.
* The contents of the Symbol Table are now automatically sorted.
* Productions in the LALR state table are sorted.
* UNIX encoded text files can now be opened.
* The main window caption now displays (Modified) when the grammar has
* Added the total number of LR(1) configurations to the log.
* Added two webpage links to the Help Menu.
* Added a warning for terminals that are defined, but not used.
* System now checks if terminals can be zero-length.
* Added the Parameter() method of the ActiveX DLL.
* The 'Start Symbol' parameter can now contain angle brackets.
* Fixed a bug when saving a grammar outline. It wrongly listed
'Compiled Table File (.cgt)' as one of the save type options.
* Fixed a bug in the DFA State Table construction. This bug only
occurred for case sensitive grammars.
The website also contains an example grammar for the C programming
language as well the grammars for SQL, LISP and BASIC.
Thank you for you time,
- Devin D. Cook
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.