Re: metaprograms in gcc

"Aaron Gray" <aarongray@beeb.net>
11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
metaprograms in gcc aktappetla@hotmail.com (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc srineet@veritas.com (Srineet) (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc aarongray@beeb.net (Aaron Gray) (2001-09-11)
Re: metaprograms in gcc gregod@cs.rpi.edu (Douglas Gregor) (2001-09-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Aaron Gray" <aarongray@beeb.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 -0400
Posted-Date: 11 Sep 2001 23:19:59 EDT

"Anil Kumar Tappetla" <aktappetla@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, does gcc use template programs to unroll loops in c++. which all
> compilers DONOT use metaprograms for loop unrolling. also, does gcc
> implement constant folding (it should,i guess).thanks.. anil.

Dear Anil,
        Just found this, looks good from the top, have not had a chance to look
at it yet :-

                http://home.t-online.de/home/Ulrich.Eisenecker/meta.htm

        Also there is another example of C++ Meta Template programming
that implements FFT, sin, cos, etc which I was looking for, I found it
on the web a while ago, after a friend gave me a copy some years ago.
I will post if I find it again.

        Also just browsing, found a simular article with factorial, fixed
size bubble sort, and sin :-

http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~tveldhui/papers/Template-Metaprograms/meta-a
rt.html

        And another which requires a login "zeroCode" :-

http://www.zerocode.com/zcSite/faqx/index.html?fromUdm=custom/userNavigation
&fromUri=/zcSite/faqx/custom/content/designcenter/index_designerguid.html

        this should all be on one line, Internet Explorer wraps !:)

Cannot find the original article, it is simular to the second link but
with much more depth, I will post it if I find it again. The second
link looks good, flow control and LISP like constructs. Cheers good
find,

        Yours Sincerely,
                Aaron Gray